How to upgrade your existing SEN account so you can use it on your PlayStation systems
How to use an SEN account on PSN℠
You may find that you are asked to update your account to support use on PSN℠ whether you have a PlayStation® system or not. This is to ensure that we have all the information we need to make sure you will be able to use the full range of Sony Entertainment Network services, whatever device you access your account from.
Alternatively, update your account by signing in to your PlayStation® system with your existing Sony Entertainment Network account Sign-in ID and password. You will be asked to provide some extra information and choose your Online ID to update your account.
To find out if you need to make any changes to your account to use it on PSN℠ simply sign in to your account and check ‘Service Access Status’ on the Account section of the home page.
Services that you are ready to access are listed with a tick next to them. Services that are not currently accessible will be visible with an exclamation mark (!) next to them and the option to ‘Update Account’ will be visible:
To update your account for use on PSN℠:
- Click here to sign-in and select the Devices tab, then select PlayStation Systems from the links on the left of the screen.
- Select Update Account and fill in your name, security question and answer and click ‘Continue’.
- Complete your full address and click ‘Continue’. On the next screen provide your billing information or, if you’d like to add this later, click ‘Continue’.
- Select your Online ID*, and click ‘Continue’, choose your notification preferences and click ‘Continue’.
- You are now ready to activate your console to use on your account.
* Your Online ID is shown when you play online games and use other online features and is unique to you. Please bear in mind the following when choosing your Online ID:
- Your Online ID must be three to 16 characters and can consist of letters, numbers, hyphens (-) and underscores (_).
- You cannot change your Online ID once it has been created.
- We recommend that you do not use an Online ID that might personally identify you to other SEN users.
- You may find that your first choice of Online ID has already been selected by another user.
- PSP™/PS Vita
- Account Management
- Account Creation
- Sign-in Issues