Sony’s Cloud-Based Digital Music Service Now Available in 19 Countries Worldwide
FOSTER CITY, Calif., May 15, 2013 – Sony Network Entertainment International today announced that Music Unlimited, the company’s cloud-based digital music subscription service, is now live in Brazil.
Available in 19 countries across the world, the Music Unlimited service offers on-demand access to an ever-expanding global catalog of over 20 million licensed tracks1 from all major and many leading independent labels across an array of devices including PlayStation®3 computer entertainment systems, PlayStation®Vita portable entertainment systems, Android™ smartphones and tablets, iPhone®, PCs, and many more.
“For about the price of an album per month, our Brazilian customers can now instantly access tens of millions of songs on their mobile devices like Xperia smartphones and home entertainment hardware like PS3,” said Michael Aragon, Vice President and General Manager of Global Digital Video and Music Services at Sony Network Entertainment International. “The Music Unlimited service delivers a completely new way to experience music by encouraging discovery and making sure that you always have access to your music whether you’re online or offline.”
Through the Premium (R$14,90)2 3 and Access (R$7,90) 4 monthly subscription plans, the Music Unlimited service allows customers to enjoy a unified digital music experience across multiple devices in the home and on the go. Whether customers enjoy music from their personal playlists, channels based on their favorite artists, or pre-programmed channels based on era or genre, the Music Unlimited service follows them to any destination without the hassle of syncing or signing into multiple accounts.
The Music Unlimited Service Features:
- The Music Unlimited service is a cloud-based streaming service with no digital files, so there is no need to sync a device. Customers can access the library of licensed music anywhere, anytime on any PC (Windows or Mac OS), any Android mobile device including Sony Xperia™ smartphones and tablets, Apple’s iPhone and iPod® touch, PlayStation 3 (PS3™) computer entertainment systems, PlayStation Vita (PS Vita) portable entertainment systems, Sony BRAVIA® HDTVs, Blu-ray Disc™ devices, and Sony Walkman®.
- With an always-growing global library of over 20 million licensed tracks including all of the major labels and many independent and local labels, the Music Unlimited service gives access to the latest hits, local favorites, and timeless classics.
- Designed for easy management and discovery, the Music Unlimited service features pre-selected music channels, the ability to build personal playlists, and add playlists based on their favorite artist across all compatible devices.
- The Music Unlimited service is always available even if a network isn’t5. With the offline playback feature for Android devices and PS Vita, customers can listen to select songs added to offline playlists when not online, ensuring that they’re never caught without their favorite music.
- Customers can rest assured that their listening enjoyment will never be interrupted by advertisements or the inability to skip unwanted songs.
With the addition of Brazil, the Music Unlimited service is now available in 19 countries including (in order of launch): United Kingdom, Ireland, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, United States, Australia, New Zealand, Denmark, Finland, Norway, Sweden, Canada, Belgium, Netherlands, Japan, and Mexico.
Working with Omnifone to license music with rights holders in Brazil and across the world, the Music Unlimited service delivers instant access to local and global hits as well as a deep catalog of tracks including classics, one hit wonders, and just about everything else.
About the Music Unlimited service
The Music Unlimited service is a cloud-based digital music service that hosts a global catalog of over 20 million licensed songs including all major US labels, leading independent labels, and major publishers worldwide. Originally launched in December 2010, the Music Unlimited service is available on a wide range of Sony and non-Sony connected devices. With its breadth of available devices and regional reach, along with the depth of its music catalog, the Music Unlimited service is the ultimate music subscription service for users who want to play their music whenever and wherever. For more information, please visit: http://sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/music-unlimited.
About Sony Entertainment Network
Sony Entertainment Network is the ultimate destination for digital music, movies, games and more. All through the convenience of a single account, Sony Entertainment Network is a global comprehensive network platform that unifies Sony’s digital entertainment experience across a growing ecosystem of Sony and non-Sony devices. Additional information about Sony Entertainment Network can be found by visiting: blog.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com, www.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com, www.facebook.com/sonyentertainment, and www.twitter.com/sonyentnet.
Sony Network Entertainment
Sony Entertainment Network rocked SXSW in Austin, TX. Thousands of music fans came through Sony City, a two venue entertainment mecca, to see a throng of live performances and check out the Music Unlimited service on the latest Sony X Headphones, Sony Speaker Balls and G-Tank speakers. True to our mission to bring music to the masses, fans that didn't make it in to the intimate showcases could see the rooftop performances projected on the outside of the walls of Sony City. Check out details and pictures here.
International Consumer Electronics Show (CES)
January 8-11, 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
Sony Entertainment Network made a big splash at the Sony booth during the 2013 Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas. Consumers got to be the first to check out Sony Entertainment Network's new online store for games, movies, TV shows and more as well as experience the new HQ audio available on the Music Unlimited service. For more info and photos visit http://blog.sony.com/ces/.
Filter Magazine’s Lollapalooza After Parties
The Music Unlimited service was at the hottest after parties in Chicago featuring Lollapalooza artists: Twin Shadow, Neon Indian, Grimes, The Big Pink and THENEWO2 in the intimate Logan Square Auditorium.
Coachella Music & Arts Festival
April 13-15 & 20-22
Sony Network Entertainment showed off the Music Unlimited Service in the PlayStation® Society tent over the two weekends of the Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival outside of Palm Springs California. One lucky winner received a trip to Palm Springs, Coachella VIP tickets and a PlayStation® Vita.
Sundance Film Festival
January 20 – 23 , 2012
Park City, UT
Sony Entertainment Network spent the weekend in the Fender Lodge chatting with your favorite celebrities at Sundance. See who stopped by and find out what brought them to Park City.
Fun Fun Fun
Nov 4, 5 & 6, 2011
Austin, Texas, USA